[3830] CQWW CW KT1V SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW KT1V SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 21:01:34 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KT1V
Operator(s): KT1V
Station: KT1V

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 46
Radios: SO2R

  160:   44    10       29
   80:  362    23       71
   40:  987    30       89
   20:  766    29       94
   15:  721    25       92
   10:  737    24       84
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Since I'm heavily sleep deprived because of a recent contest you *may* have
experienced, and a fussy baby last night, I'll keep my comments short and
attempt a coherent writeup later. This wine probably isn't helping either :)

This was a last minute SOAB, "The Contest" (tm). Originally this was a M/S, for
a while 2 different SB entries like in CQWW SSB with me on 80 and KM3T on 15,
then just me SB 80m, then maybe NNNN doing a SOAB like he did last year, etc
etc
Only my second SOAB in CQWW CW

Last year's score was mainly operator, this year's was mainly station :) Funny,
yet basically true.

SCore is the raw log - Some log parts need merging (big computer problems!)  and
I need to make sure nothing is horribly corrupted (CT refused to read the log at
least once - lots of rebooting on Saturday from numerous very brief power
outrages).

I'm pretty happy, except that I need to wait a year until the next one!

One last comment. If the conditions had sucked, I was thinking I'd be more
competitive, No secret I'm a lowband guy and am happy in bare knuckled fight to
the death low band efforts, when even the lowbands suck. I've never been a high
band rate guy - love it, but just not my forte. Well, maybe medium aged dogs can
get better at old tricks they never quite got right before, even if they liked
them. And as always, my friend Joe would say "You don't suck really big time
anymore."

Did I mention I'm drinking? Buller Fine Muscat, a think and unctious desert wine
(only a half bottle, and more than enough), thats pretty cheap, very highly
rated, and I visited them once before they were "discovered." Strong bizarre and
good.

Time to sleep and dream of next year, when I'll have this SO2R thing totally
mastered! I promise! Just like I promised my XYL to clean the garage before last
weekend. Well, I DID start!

73
Ted, KillerTomato1V, Tomato World Equip Manager