[3830] CQWW CW P3F(5B4AGN) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bob@cytanet.com.cy
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW P3F(5B4AGN) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 22:24:47 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: P3F
Operator(s): 5B4AGN
Station: P3F

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Pafos
Operating Time (hrs): 32

  160:  128    14       48
   80:  396    25       77
   40: 1434    34      110
   20: 1387    32       94
   15: 1100    28       98
   10: 1125    29       92
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

What a fun weekend.  CQWW CW is the highlight of the contesting year. Conditions
better than expected with some good openings on 10 metres.  The LF bands were
somewhat less inspiring.

A few glitches during the contest but mostly things worked pretty well.  I even
had some respite from the abominable HV line noise I suffer from at this QTH.
Apart from an 8 hour spell which started late Saturday afternoon and made going
rather heavy, the lines stayed unusually quiet over the weekend.

If I could stay awake for the full 48 hours I might even start to become
dangerous here!

Highlights

Being called by and working ZD8Z and AH2R one after the other on 80m.
Managing to crack the pile to work TO4WW on 40 and 80 metres.
Working the guys at 5U5Z on 6 bands.
Hearing and working so many great operators.
W8JI click mods to my FT1kMP make me clean as a whistle.

Lowlights

W8JI click mods to my FT1k mean those folks with horrible clicky signals can
sidle up right next to me!
Boy there were some lousy signals.
The frequency stealers and jammers.  Do these guys belong to a club or are they
just freelancers?  Whatever it is they seem a lot more conscientious these
days.

Thanks for all the Qs.  I have my fingers crossed we'll see more good conditions
for the ARRL 10m event.  However, I think chance will be a fine thing!

73

Bob, 5B4AGN, P3F