[3830] CQWW CW OH2BH(OH1WZ) SOSB/80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Ilkka.Korpela@Helsinki.fi
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW OH2BH(OH1WZ) SOSB/80 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 00:57:18 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OH2BH
Operator(s): OH1WZ
Station: OH2BH

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 38

  160:
   80: 1900    33      114
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1900    33      114  Total Score = 429,300

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Had a great time operating with Martti's 3-el yagi. I was able to work the full
contest, that's 38 hours in at OH2BH's 60.30N,24E location.

High LUF at times? No JA openings at their sr - they were cmng thru on 40 and
20! The target was at the EU-record, but the JA's weren't workable. LP to zone 3
was marginal, but some qsos were made, tks. Last night was EU only. Don't
know if it was aurora or what, but no JA or W. At 2359Z stns were cmng thru
from NA on 28 MHz over the pole, and 21MHz was in real excellent shape.

Never heard zones 1, 6, 12, 13, 22, 31 and 38. I know many of them had activity,
but just could not find them. Just one country mult heard & missed:
IS! Finding mults by S&P was really tough, and I found myself CQing much more
than I usually do.

Thanks to OH2BE, OH2BH and OH2UA for giving me the opportunity agn.

73's Ilkka, OH1WZ

http://www.helsinki.fi/~korpela