[3830] CQWW CW CT8T(OH1NOA) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW CT8T(OH1NOA) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 07:39:46 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: CT8T
Operator(s): OH1NOA
Station: CT1DVV/ESV

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Portugal
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   61     9       45
   80:  662    18       70
   40: 1164    26       85
   20: 1426    33       91
   15: 1257    27      100
   10: 1498    30       90
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

New claimed European record.
(my last year's record was 7,416,123 and brutto was ~7.8M)

More problems than ever before ... when we had one problem solved then faced a
new one. The result was that I had only two hours of sleep before the test (and
being arrived after long day to CT on Thursday night). This made me feel really
tired during the contest. I could have done somewhat better well rested and not
stressed like now. During the contest I had some RF problems.

Condx on 160m and 80m were much down from last year. Two first nights on 160m
resulted very few qsos. Such a stations as LZ9W and OZ5W never heard me. This
reduced my multipliers a lot.
40 - 15m were great, after first 12 hours I had 2020 qsos. 10m was still FB but
US openings were shorter than in 2001 or 2002. On Sunday evening 15m suddenly
produced HUGE US pileups - funny thing was that West Coast came with an auroral
tone.

I made new personal qso rate record: 225 qsos per hour (I wonder what is the
best qso rate ever achieved by OH op)(best 10min rate 270 qsos) and had 10 hours
over 170 qsos per hour. First time I worked with CT Win -version (under Windows
XP) and it suprised me by working very well :)

TS-870 + Alpha 91b
160m: delta loop
80m: dipole
40m: vertical
20m: 4/4el (fixed NA), KT34XA
15m: KT34XA
10m: 5/5/5el, KT34XA

Thanks to my super Portuguese family: Santos CT1DVV, Rui CT1ESV, Teresa, Carla
and Andre. They made my third operation from Portugal possible.

73, Timo OH1NOA