[3830] ARRL 160 ZF2NT Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 ZF2NT Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 04:16:09 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: ZF2NT
Operator(s): ZF2NT
Station: ZF2NT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: LYB
Operating Time (hrs): 7

Total:  QSOs = 569  Sections = 71  Countries = 0  Total Score = 80,798

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions Friday night were absolutely terrible.  With Tropical Storm Odette
wandering around in the Caribbean, I had consistent noise levels between 20 and
30 db over S9.  It was absolutely terrible, so I went in and watched TV instead!
 Saturday night was much improved--almost decent conditions.  This was in stark
contrast to the predictions I read before the weekend.  But having already
decided not to take this contest seriously, I didn't stay around long to take
much advantage of those good conditions.

As long as the ARRL insists on scoring all of the contest logs together--US/VE
and DX--I see no reason why anybody outside the US should make a serious effort
in this contest.  We can't make any 5 point contacts and we can't get DXCC
countries for multipliers, yet the US/VE entrants can do both.  So how is it
fair we should be compared with the US/VE entrants?  It's not, which is why I
just piddled in this thing.  I've done this one seriously in the past and came
in with the top DX score, then found it was just like peeing in my wetsuit:
made me feel all warm and cozy, but nobody noticed.