[3830] ARRL 160 K5PTC(@N1LN) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1ln@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K5PTC(@N1LN) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 06:01:31 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K5PTC
Operator(s): K5ZTY, N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: M/S HP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 27

Total:  QSOs = 1025  Sections = 78  Countries = 10  Total Score = 183,832

Club: Pesky Texan Contest Club

Comments:

When we started out on Friday night we set a goal to meet or exceed 1000 Qs.
We
made it.   Thanks to everyone that answered our CQ and in many cases hung in
there to get the exchange passed correctly.

So what made this contest interesting.  Well, lets start with the pulsing noise
on the NW beverage.  Then we can move on to the 06:15 - 08:15 UTC power outage
contributed by our local utility company the first night, and to round out the
contest, I think that a terminator resistor must be blown on the NE beverage as
Saturday / Sunday was VERY noisy compared to Friday / Saturday.

Never heard Alaska or Northwest Territory, never heard JAs (but we were spotted
a few times)  and only worked EU once.  This may be related to the beverage
issue. Will have to wait to hear from others about band conditions.

Overall our score improved from last year, we hit our Q target, it was GREAT to
be entering as a Multi with two operators instead of Multi being me and the
DX-Cluster (thanks BILL), and we had another fun time.

See you for CQ-160 in January.

Happy Holidays - be safe - enjoy.

73 from K5PTC (the Pesky Texan Contest Club) Bruce - N1LN and Bill - K5ZTY