[3830] ARRL 160 ZL2BSJ Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w.knol@niwa.co.nz
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 ZL2BSJ Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 17:40:59 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: ZL2BSJ
Operator(s): ZL2BSJ
Station: ZL2BSJ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Wellington
Operating Time (hrs): 4

Total:  QSOs = 15  Sections = 0  Countries = 2  Total Score = 1

Club:

Comments:

I only operated Sa night (local time). Worked:

ZL4AA K9DX WD5R N0NI W0YK N6KB W8QID K8XXX AK9F N5OT K1LT K7OX W0GG
AA1K W0AIH

As usual, no QSOs in the 1812-1824 segment due to local digi-QRM.

Best ears: K9DX closely followed by WD5R. Both are seemingly a long way
ahead of the rest.

Biggest signal: K5NA, audible at S7 one hour before S/S, rising to solid
S9 for hours and hours. No Eu heard,only one UA0 and JA, briefly.

Plenty of Stateside,but not many QSOs. CQ-calling was fruitless, so I did
a bit of packet spotting to kill time. Hung around until East Coast S/R,
and went QRT as the wheels fell off it completely.

Equipment used: 400W out to a 21 m top-loaded vertical, 3 elevated radials.

Hoping for better propagation next time. This is a tough contest. Thanks to
those who made the effort to dig the call out of the noise.

Wilbert, ZL2BSJ