[3830] ARRL 160 W1SJ Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W1SJ Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 20:34:52 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W1SJ
Operator(s): W1SJ
Station: W1SJ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 30

Total:  QSOs = 986  Sections = 71  Countries = 14  Total Score = 177,230

Club: Radio Amateurs of Northern VT

Comments:

I found similar conditions as reported by Jeff VY2ZM. First two hours were great
and then the bottom fell out. Only 25 Q's at 0000, the 3rd hour of the contest,
a new low! But, the rates shot right back up and were bolstered by very quiet
conditions. Unfortunately, it was all short hop stuff the first night. No Europe
at all. Finally, in the wee hours I managed to leak some signal out west and
even picked up some stations in KH6.

The second night had more "normal" 160M conditions, with an assortment of
Europeans and West Coast stations checking in. All in all, it was slightly
better than average conditions. I managed to get within 6 Q's and 1 mult of last
year's total.

With a low dipole, I'm happy to work anything a continent away!