[3830] ARRL 10 K4OJ(@W1CW) SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4oj@tampabay.rr.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K4OJ(@W1CW) SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 22:34:19 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K4OJ
Operator(s): K4OJ
Station: W1CW

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW: 1541   128
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 1541   128  Total Score = 789,504

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

First ten minutes here in FL was like the FQP!

Rain static Sunday only allowed for 300 QSOs - tried everything from beverages
to you name it but was just plain deaf... went to bed at over 1200 QSOs
Saturday, had high hopes for Sunday - fortunately the TV provided some good
world news highlights for me to watch while nothing came back (at least that I
could hear) to my CQing...

NO KL7, NO KP4.... 1 JA, 1 CIS

Needed an omnidirecitonal antenna with gain this weekend - never knew where to
point!  Had 4L rotary at 140 ft, 6L fixed on So Eu at 35 ft and 4L NOT ROTARY
STUCK WEST at 50 ft...

Next year more antennas...

Thanks to all those that called in - if someone called and did not make it - I
am sorry, it was not for lack of me not trying (or several different beverage,
preamp and antenna mixes!)

Thankfully only the cats were at the station (besides me) because I spoke a few
choice words on Sunday!  One of the cats gave me quite the look once, think that
particular four letter word must be the same in "cat"!

Have a wonderful Holiday Season, may Santa bring you everything you wish for and
more!

Jim, K4OJ