[3830] ARRL 10 KG9X SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, fred.sanborn@motorola.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 KG9X SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 08:59:35 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: KG9X
Operator(s): KG9X
Station: KG9X

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 30

   CW:  530    87
  SSB:  661    93
-------------------
Total: 1191   180  Total Score = 621,720

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

This was tough!  Condx were so poor here.  I was comparing this year LP entry
totals to last year QRP effort and my score is down about 200K points!!  Rate
was so poor at times I thought about QRT but hung in there.
This year 90% of my Q's were NA and 6% SA.  Only Eu Saturday was S58A @ 1309Z (
antenna SW ).  Total Eu => CT, EA, F , OH, S5, SM, & UA1.  12 Eu stations in all
: > (  when normally that accounts for about 30% of my 10M contest Q's.  JA
normally is about 9% of my Q's.  This year 2 stations => JA7OWD and JE1ZWT @
2240Z Sunday( antenna SW ).  BTW - Thank you guys for hanging in there on a
Monday in JA.
Highlights was the big sig opening to PAC Friday night at 03 to 04 Z.  BIG sigs
from CA at times.  As mixed mode entry, I usually have more Q's on CW to get the
extra points.  This year with such slow rates I had a hard time moving my self
to CW when SSB rates went so well.  I have a feeling that I may have a big score
reduction this year with all the repeats asked for on weak and QSB signals.

Fred  KG9X