[3830] ARRL 10 VY2TT(K6LA) SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 VY2TT(K6LA) SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 20:22:59 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: VY2TT
Operator(s): K6LA
Station: VY2TT

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: PEI
Operating Time (hrs): 28
Radios: SO2R

   CW:  678   107
  SSB:  657   106
-------------------
Total: 1335   213  Total Score = 860,094

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

PEI was NOT the place to be this year. Too far North! I could hear stations in
NY work stations in EU I couldn't hear. FL sure did seem to have a pipeline to
PEI though. This was less than 1/2 the score from last year, and last year I was
running LOW power.

I put up a 4 element yagi at 118' fixed on EU. Saturday it wasn't worth a damn -
just real noisy. Sunday I was able to work EU on it that couldn't be heard on
the 6 element yagi at 49'.

Best rate of the contest was Saturday evening mostly into PA, NY and NJ.

Never heard ND. Only worked ONE station in KY on both modes!

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT