[3830] ARRL 10 W1SJ SO SSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W1SJ SO SSB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 16:50:15 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W1SJ
Operator(s): W1SJ
Station: W1SJ

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 14

   CW:
  SSB:  920   104
-------------------
Total:  920   104  Total Score = 191,360

Club: Radio Amateurs of Northern Vermont

Comments:

Here we go again! One month after the SS disaster, yet another long weary
contest for those of us up at the higher latitudes.  Total QSO's less than half
of what's expected. Mults not as bad, but not great either.

There was a lead blanket over anyone above 45 degrees latitude. Europe run?
Ha!
At least I got a few mults out of it. Worked 1 England, 2 Germany, 13 Italy.
Normally logs hundreds of these stations. Eastern Europe and Scandinavia didn't
exist. One UA from Russia made it through, and I swear he must have used magic.
The mightly East Coast Europe run was a much sedated Spain run. I almost worked
as many Africa mults as Europe!

I picked up more NA and SA stations, only because the yagi spent more time
pointing there.  The only saving grace was the spectacular Sporadic E opening on
Saturday night and Sunday morning. And of course, I was out that night and
missed half of it.

Good news: the 3 1/2 feet of snow we got this week didn't affect the contest!

Now I know why everyone retires to FL and TX!

W1SJ