[3830] CQWW CW KH7X(KH6ND) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kh6nd@lava.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW KH7X(KH6ND) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 23:19:05 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KH7X
Operator(s): KH6ND
Station: KH7R

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Hawaii
Operating Time (hrs): 47
Radios: SO2R

  160:   71    11       12
   80:  448    24       34
   40: 1087    34       81
   20:  699    33       83
   15: 1811    36       81
   10: 1219    35       59
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

First single op all band CQ WW CW by this operator in 20 years. Polar paths were
minimal here, with less than 10% of the QSO total from Europe. Conditions were
so squirrelly that for about an hour on Sunday morning as 15 meters opened, I
was working the western half of the USA short path, and the east coast via true
long path. Even with the low country total, managed enough QSO's to exceed the
existing Oceania record by about 12%.

My sincere thanks to Ken, KH7R, for the confidence and friendship he has
displayed in entrusting me with the care of a truly great station for the past 3
years, and by allowing me to have a hand in the rebuilding during the previous 4
years. During that time, there have been many record setting multi-op, and
single op efforts from KH7R on all modes. Ken was here for many of these, and
unfortunately, not here for some, but whether here or in absentia, he has always
been a world class host, and a joy to work with. Aloha, Ken. It's been a
fabulous run.

Merry Christmas to all...

Mike
KH6ND