[3830] TBDC GU4YOX Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC GU4YOX Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 08:40:54 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: GU4YOX
Operator(s): GU4YOX
Station: GU4YOX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Guernsey
Operating Time (hrs): 13

Total:  QSOs = 373  Total Score = 2,219

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

An intersting venture into the High Power category. I seemed to be getting
across the pond reasonably well but had great difficulty picking calls out of
the noise. More improvements to beverages and a try with a loop may be
advantageous. We have had high winds here this weekend and I had to lower the
tower to 75 feet as there were some large creaking noises from outside ! The
gusts got up to 60 mph here on the GU west coast. But this was a fun contest and
I enjoyed myself and pleased to give GU out to those that need it on 160M ! I
only fell asleep once for about 40 mins at 0300 ish. Highlights: A wonderful
string of US before sunrise and a great cooked breakfast before going to bed.
Lowlights: The wind and constantly having to adjust guys here through the night.
See you next year and enjoy what is left of the holidays.....

73

Bob
GU4YOX
IN89