[3830] RTTY Roundup AA5AU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa5au@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup AA5AU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 21:04:49 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: AA5AU
Operator(s): AA5AU
Station: AA5AU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:  221
   40:  410
   20:  555
   15:  572
   10:  125
------------
Total: 1883  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 57  Total Score = 216,545

Club:

Comments:

In order to maximize my score for this year's Roundup, I knew I had to stay
focused no matter how propagation fared.  I knew conditions would not be good,
so I made some changes to try to increase my rate.  I shortened all my buffers
and took advantage of as many of WriteLog's time-saving features as I could

The contest started off very well.  I was not keeping track at first but 3 hours
into the contest I noticed I was well over 300 QSO's.  This would be a first for
me.  Then after 4 hours I was over 400 QSO's.  And it kept going and going for
11 straight hours where I averaged over 100 QSO's per hour.  I guess I was a
little focused.

At 0700Z when I took my break, after 13 hours I had 1241 QSO's.  But I knew
conditions would not allow me to continue this the next day.  I knew it would be
a struggle as the A and K index jumped up.  So I just concentrated on doing the
best I could with what conditions would allow.

If I'd had two more multipliers I would have broken last year's score, but it
just wasn't to be.  Regardless, it was a remarkable contest for me with the most
QSO's I've ever made in 24 hours.  And I had a great deal fun.

Thanks to all for the QSO... AND HOW 'BOUT THEM LSU TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

73, Don AA5AU