[3830] NAQP CW KL9A M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW KL9A M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 22:16:45 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: KL9A
Operator(s): KL9A, AL1G
Station: KL9A

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: Anchorage, AK
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:
   80:
   40:  24      5
   20:  49     15
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  73     20  Total Score = 1,460

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Team:

Comments:

You can't say we didn't try!!!!

Absolutely horrible condx.  Nothing on 15 or 10.  20 was open for about 2 hours,
and only W5/6/7 with one W0 in CO.  Even they weren't very loud.  40 was open to
the west coast for a bit, but faded real quick.  80 wasn't very good, and too
noisy anyway.  No 160 antenna.

We tried, honest!!! We were on the entire contest period.  Worked pretty much
everyone we heard.  I remember NAQP CW up here where it's run till you drop...

Lots of people missed AK because they were impatient.  It's no wonder that many
of the ops we worked are frequently top 10.  They took the time to figure out
that KL9A was in there and didn't give up.  Lots of "9A?" then CQ.  Hope you
worked another KL7!

I hope everyone got ID on 6 bands too :-)  (back there for NAQP SSB)

73!
Chris KL9A and Corliss AL1G