[3830] NAQP CW N9RV Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pmbarkey@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N9RV Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 13:44:31 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: N9RV
Operator(s): N9RV
Station: N9RV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:  210    42
   80:  294    46
   40:  270    50
   20:  221    46
   15:  135    47
   10:  148    45
-------------------
Total: 1278   276  Total Score = 352,728

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC #1

Comments:

Had mostly good luck in this contest.  Popping line
noise on 10/15 disappeared after the first hour of
the contest. My beverage selector switch only pretended
to break -- it had 2 hours of life left in it before
freezing up solid at the end of the contest.  All
radios and antennas worked, and even the cats left
me alone.

Contest was pretty much going according to plan until the
sun went down and the high bands closed up solid.  The
mults I used to get by moving guys from W1/W2/W3 to the
high bands at night just didn't happen.  By 2200z 10m was
already shut and that was about it for a good mult for me.

It was really scary to first move to 40 at about 2300z and
hear the close guys so incredibly weak.  Fortunately, 20m
was still doing very well, but 40 was really, really bad.
But it came back very nicely, and even the close stuff was
decently loud by 0200z or so.

This contest is definitely turbo-powered -- lotsa rate and lotsa
fun!  Congrats to the big scorers out there (wow -- what a score
from ZF2NT!).  CU in the CW Sprint.