[3830] NAQP SSB W0AH Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB W0AH Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 21:47:49 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: W0AH
Operator(s): W0AH
Station: W0AH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:   39    21
   80:  142    42
   40:   83    21
   20:  314    41
   15:  259    45
   10:  182    37
-------------------
Total: 1019   207  Total Score = 210,933

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team: GMC Rock Mountain #1

Comments:

Ken, W0ETT (our team captain), what did you get me into? Ken's been after me for
years to run this test. I finally did.  The NAQP CW was fun when I did all S&P
running 3.2 watts with my new FT-817 for 4 hours. Using 100 watts today on SSB,
my back hurts, I'm hoarse, and have a headache.  I operated exactly 8 hours and
have never before run a Q-rate over 125 for so long a time. I did enjoy some of
the short rag chews with old friends,  and I would really enjoy this contest in
early autumn when I am motivated and don't feel so burnt out.  Conditions were
good except 40 SSB is murder, as always, and there was S9 QRN on 160m.
Thanks for the pileups.  Doug W0AH  Woodland Park CO  DM78lx
monobanders on 10-40 and 1/4 wl verticals on 80 and 160