[3830] NAQP SSB KK1L Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kk1l@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB KK1L Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 18:26:45 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: KK1L
Operator(s): KK1L
Station: KK1L

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:  110    37
   80:   97    38
   40:  166    38
   20:  132    32
   15:  210    35
   10:   75    22
-------------------
Total:  790   202  Total Score = 159,580

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Team: YCCC #3 Green Mtn Boys

Comments:

I guess 10m was better than I expected it would be from VT. I had a good first
hour CQing on either 15m or 10m and S&P on the other. I tanked for the second
hour and then recovered. It seemed that 40m stayed short later than normal. I
did pretty well there calling while S&P on 80m or 20m. 160m was the best I have
ever seen it for an NAQP (I have not been around all THAT long though). For the
first time ever I found calling on 160m to be more productive than 80m...what's
up with that!

I had a great time, reached a personal best and incrementally improved on my
score from last January. I just squeaked by the VT record last year. Depending
on the competition and my logging abilities I may have squeaked by it yet again.
There were no frequency fights and no less than twice I had a station on 160m
tell me the frequency was "all yours...go ahead" when I asked if the frequency
was in use. It was cold, but I did not notice hell having frozen over =:-)

73 es God Bless de KK1L, ron <><