[3830] NAQP SSB W1SJ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB W1SJ Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 13:33:30 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: W1SJ
Operator(s): W1SJ
Station: W1SJ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Vermont
Operating Time (hrs): 8.85

  160:  115    33
   80:   54    39
   40:   57    24
   20:  358    48
   15:  184    35
   10:   37    16
-------------------
Total:  805   186  Total Score = 149,730

Club:

Team: YCCC #3 Green Mtn Boys

Comments:

First time in this one. Ron KK1L put together a Vermont team so I kicked in some
operating time. Wasn't too serious, but got into it more as the day wore on. It
was a pleasure not hassling with the 2nd radio - might have helped! Really
enjoyed the 2nd hour with 157 rate on 20 meters. And I thought things would be
slow!

I took 3 hours off in the evening to go out with the YL. At it turned out, I
would have won the section if I kept the nose to the grindstone. Hey, but I'm
having fun. Conditions were weird. 40m crapped out before you could say boo. By
the time I got back on, 80m was already in rough shape, but 160m was
tremendous.

All in all, an interesting contest, although, I didn't hear much outside of the
US and Canada. Sadly, the contest doesn't improve, but further increases the
unlevel playing field between the NE and and South and West. NE scores were way,
way lower than other areas.