[3830] CQ160 CW W0AH Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W0AH Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 12:27:33 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W0AH
Operator(s): W0AH
Station: W0AH

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 3

Total:  QSOs = 22  State/Prov = 3  Countries = 19  Total Score = 819

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Conditions the best from CO in a 160M contest this declining cycle, but a bad
head cold all week limited my operating to almost 3 hours Friday night and a few
minutes Saturday morning in order to work JA for a 7 hour WAC, the first one-day
160M WAC from here in several years.  I had hoped to operate a little more, but
after repairing my two beverages (in deep snow) that the elk had taken down, I
was barely able to survive almost 3 hours, and only because EU was coming
through, a rare event here in recent years.  Worked 7 EU, 3 SA, 2 AF, 2 Oceania
(found ZL6QH when I got up to work JA), 1 Asia, and mainly Carribean NA.  Did
not call CQ or call any NA except to work country. Conditions were somewhat
auroral Friday night with the normal big gun G, SM, OH stations not heard.
Saturday morning the K-index was 5, and JA was weaker than normal. On night two
I felt slightly better so got on QRP for 4 1/2 hours with my new FT-817 to give
out points.  I'll try to post that to 3830 as W0AH/QRP if the software lets me.
Hope everyone had fun with the better conditions.
Doug W0AH