[3830] CQ160 CW G3TXF Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nigel@G3TXF.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW G3TXF Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 17:04:31 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: G3TXF
Operator(s): G3TXF
Station: G3TXF

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Weybridge, Surrey
Operating Time (hrs): 10

Total:  QSOs = 337  State/Prov = 16  Countries = 52  Total Score = 130,016

Club:

Comments:

Did part-time (QRV for just 10 hours) "Single-Op Assisted" entry (but entered as
Multi-Op). Went QRT at 0045z early on Sunday morning with intention of getting
up again at 0500z, but didn't make it into the shack until 0730z, which was well
into daylight. Hence missed the Sunday morning dawn opening.

For some reason I always tell myself that CQWW 160m finishes at 1600z on the
Sunday (it used to... didn't it?). Luckily I turned the rig on again on Sunday
evening to find the contest still humming. Spent whole time S&P'ing apart from
the last 45 minutes spent CQ'ing. This seesion at the end of the contest
produced a nice run of W's enabling me to catch up on some of the States/Prov
mults missed during the rest of the contest.

High point was being called by PR0F (an all-time new one on 160m) during last
few minutes of the contest. A45XR was also worked for an all-time new one too.
The conditions sounded pretty good, even though we're not yet near the sunspot
low.

The antenna was a 'bent' 160m dipole with centre at 50ft, but with ends coming
down to ground level and folded to fit into garden.

73 - Nigel G3TXF