[3830] CQ160 CW W7DRA Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w7dra@juno.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W7DRA Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 23:30:58 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W7DRA
Operator(s): W7DRA
Station: W7DRA

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: wa
Operating Time (hrs): 16

Total:  QSOs = 109  State/Prov = 23  Countries = 1  Total Score = 5,885

Club:

Comments:

conditions not good this year, compared to a few in the past. i did one thing
this year, i  measured (by 3 different methods) my power out, at least i have a
feeling my 5 watts was 5 watts - no bird wattmeter, but hey.

for a transmitter i used the exciter of the Premiere Pacific Northwest 160 Meter
Contest Superstation. I rplaced the 6L6 with a 6V6 and used a varac to control
the HV on the 6V6 plate, still with the ARC5 vfo and the NC183 receiver. i did
have a new audio filter (6SN7 cath follower, tuned circuit followed with a 6F6
audio output driver) but i did not need it, there was little real QRM, at least
i could not hear any up here in the pac nw black hole.
W0ASH 449, K9DX 569, that give you a feeling about the conditions. JAs on
saturday morning with good 449 signal strengths. the 160 meter season is not
over, ARRL DX here we come!