[3830] CQ160 CW W4EF(@W6VIO) Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4ef@dellroy.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W4EF(@W6VIO) Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 04:07:16 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W4EF
Operator(s): W4EF
Station: W6VIO

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Ca
Operating Time (hrs): ~4

Total:  QSOs = 118  State/Prov = 35  Countries = 10  Total Score = 13,860

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Rig: FT-1000D, Ameritron AL-82
Tx Antenna: Dipole 50' above 400' mesa
Rx Antenna: K9AY Loops and Tx Antenna

Was mostly interested in finding new DXCC countries, so I left the packetcluster
on. CQed a little bit between 0900 and 1100z, on Saturday morning then I slept
for a few hours and finished up with another stint between 1400 and 1500z.
Didn't operate on Saturday night/Sunday morning.

Was shocked to read that D4B was running low power. He was about 20dB louder
than EA8BH and significantly louder than most of the big gun stations on the
East Coast. Must be that beachfront location.