[3830] CQ160 CW PC5M Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pc5m@qsl.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW PC5M Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 08:59:26 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: PC5M
Operator(s): PC5M, PA3AUC, PA3CQE, PA3DSB
Station: PC5M

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Netersel
Operating Time (hrs): 22 hrs

Total:  QSOs = 606  State/Prov = 18  Countries = 55  Total Score = 241,338

Club: BAD contest group

Comments:

Station:
Transceiver: IC756 + (sometimes) a GU43 PA....
TX antenna: full size vertical (40 mtrs), with elevated radials
RX antenna: vertical + one 2 lambda long beverage direction USA

Comments:
First night bad condx to USA, second night much better. Lots of problems with
the PA, flashovers in the high voltage section of powersupply, at one moment in
time we almost ran out of circuitbreakers..... Running must of the contest with
"low" power.

After the contest we found out that the terminating resistor of the beverage has
been completely smoked away. Between the flashovers the PA must be operated
well...

Thanks to the support crew of pa3bpl, pa3clh and pe1itr

Has been great fun and looking forward to next year !