[3830] NA Sprint CW K5TR(N5RZ) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K5TR(N5RZ) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 21:44:26 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K5TR
Operator(s): N5RZ
Station: K5TR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:  111
   40:  162
   20:  101
---------------------

Club:

Team: Not Bad for a 5

Comments:

You never know what to expect in this one.  20M really crapped out early in the
second hour, but managed to break 100 there.  I don't think I've ever heard the
W6's so loud on that band.  Worked the two radios hard, and trying to keep
TR-Log corraled is tough for us keyboard challenged guys.   Sri for the QRM when
I fired off on the wrong band.

I think this is the first time I've ever made an 80M Q in any sprint before
0200Z!!  40M was a bottomless pit.

George's station plays well, and I think a real op could have made 400 Q's.  You
only get to practice this thing 8 hours a year.  Worked all mults I heard.

164 band changes - and I needed every one of them!  59 of them in the first
hour.

Thanks to everyone for the QSO's and an extra special thanks to George for
letting me operate his fine station.

73, Gator  N5RZ