[3830] NA Sprint CW W7UQ(KL9A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW W7UQ(KL9A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 09:14:31 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: W7UQ
Operator(s): KL9A
Station: W7UQ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Idaho
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   38
   40:  120
   20:   87
---------------------

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Team: Corner Pocket Contesters

Comments:

Um... yeah I hate being weak on the low bands.

Checked 40m before the contest and it was GREAT to the local W7 boyz.  Decided
to stay on 20m until it died to maximize my best band, and HOPE the local guys
were still workable on 40.  They weren't.  120 q's on 40?  Amazing from W7UQ!
That band was rockin to the east coast.  Not so rockin' to anywhere else.  I
could barely work the W6's!  Can't count how many times W7ZRC beat me out!

Usually I can do better on 80m than on 40 from here.  Not this time.  Last hour
of 37 q's.... 37!!!!!!!!!  Not many sigs on 80 and the ones I heard were very
weak.  I should have tried earlier maybe?  After hearing the local LP guys way
ahead of me, I knew I was too far behind to catch up.

Personal best first hour of 85.  Hours: 85, 63, 60, 37.

When 20m is bad, the W7UQ station just does not have any chance!  I gotta do the
2 radio thing someday.  Even with the crappy 2nd hour, I was at 151 q's at
0200z... half way to 300.  Dangit.  I have to do some real thinking on antenna
upgrades for this place...

Big fan of the sprint being moved from Valentine's Day, until it wound up on my
girlfriends birthday! :)

Way to go Tree!!!

TS440S, TH7, Wire through tuner.

-Chris KL9A