[3830] NA Sprint CW WQ5L HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW WQ5L HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 10:38:48 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: WQ5L
Operator(s): WQ5L
Station: WQ5L

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MS
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   74       1
   40:  115       2
   20:   56       1
---------------------

Club:

Team: Not Bad for a 5

Comments:

FT1000 + LA1000A (~500 W) + R7 vert (20, 40) + inv vee (80)

Hoped to do better than this but the long bands and nagging problems with RFI in
the keying line put a damper on things. Wasted a fair amount of time rearranging
cables. Best I could do is about 200W on 40 and 150W on 80.

On a brighter note, the inverted vee I threw together on a whim Saturday
afternoon seems to work pretty well. Even with low power I easily had my best
rate there. It's nice to be heard on 80 for a change.

Heard but missed: Idaho, Iowa, ZF2. At least I got Michigan. 73,

-- Ray WQ5L