[3830] NA Sprint CW W5ZL LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w5zl@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW W5ZL LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 10:35:28 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: W5ZL
Operator(s): W5ZL
Station: W5ZL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 3:15

   80:   43    0:53
   40:   79    1:27
   20:   57    0:53
---------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: Austin Powers

Comments:

If it seems like all of my contest results postings include news of some
catastrophe that precluded my beating the world or even just being respectable,
this one will be no different. Same song, slightly different verse. Let's face
it, the Sprint is more of a contest than I'll ever have the talents to be
competitive in, but I would still enjoy getting through an entire event without
fielding a phone call from a disgruntled neighbor with a (real or imagined) TVI
or RFI complaint. (In the week leading up to the Sprint I had tried twice to get
in and install a HP filter at the neighbor's house but was turned away both
times.)

This night was no exception. The one with the rabbit ears and antenna amplifier
called me at 0215Z to complain about my causing flickering on her screen so
being the good guy that I have tried to be, I reluctantly went QRT until 0300 -
the time she said she'd be turning it off. Of course, that destroyed any
semblance of a rhythm (also real or imagined) I had developed. It was sure
disconcerting when I got back on at 0300 to hear how far ahead most guys'
numbers were.

Rig: IC-756 Pro II, Tennadyne T-11 log periodic at 51' for 20M, and W9INN
dipole
for 40 and 80. Software by N3FJP.