[3830] NA Sprint CW K7SV LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7sv@adelphia.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K7SV LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 16:39:02 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K7SV
Operator(s): K7SV
Station: K7SV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:  107
   40:  145
   20:   20
---------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: S Sprint Coal #1

Comments:

While I was trying to do the two radio thing, it was more like quick easy band
changes rather than full blown 2R'n. While working 40 at the beginning, I kept
listening for loud stations on 20. At the end of the contest I thought I blew it
by not starting on 20, but I don't think things were a whole lot better at 0100Z
than they were at 0000Z. Ended up down 25 Qs from the last two. Still seemed to
do all right on 40, but with 80 being long, it seemed like it was a lot tougher
with low power. Randy K5ZD did a super job with low power. Where was my old pal
Danny K7SS? Heard MT working SD on 80 and missed them both. Had to do a bailing
twine fix for the 40 meter beam saturday, but it held up ok.
N4ZR started the ball rolling and I followed up in trying to get some MD
stations on. Hope they enjoyed it and will make them a habit! 73