[3830] NA Sprint SSB KH6DV LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB KH6DV LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 10:04:59 -0800
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: KH6DV
Operator(s): KH6DV
Station: KH6DV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KH6
Operating Time (hrs): 2

   80:
   40:   25     0.5
   20:  131     1.5
---------------------

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Typical domestic contest (propagation wise) most operators have departed 20
for lower bands by the time 20 gets good. I had fun tuning around mostly
listning to what was going on and giving the hard working real sprinters a
well deserved contact.  Its hard to not compete in any contest, but it really
does no good to get overly involved in this one. The time frame is just all
wrong to produce anything but frustration. Amazing signals on 40 but I'm in
broad daylight and the propagation is mostly one way till sunset here, still
some operators have great ears, and antennas. When I heard K9PG (on 40) I ar
first thaught "oh good another local" but no, its just Paul doing his thing.
After the last couple sprints the comments have continued about a third event
being something people would like, I'm willing to bet it would be an instant
hit.  Someday I may even push hard in this event just to see how bad at this
sprint stuff I really am.

Aloha all
Ron KH6DV