[3830] ARRLDX CW N6WG SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6wg@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N6WG SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 15:25:41 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Newark CA
Operating Time (hrs): 26

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:   66    29
   20:   22    15
   15:   68    36
   10:   55    25
-------------------
Total:  211   105  Total Score = 66,150

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was my first serious effort at the DX contest.  I think I actually
beat my score of one or two years ago when condx were better and my operating
was more casual.  This took a lot of seat time, because the Qs were slow coming.
 Had to tease them out one by one.

Wound up 66,150 points.  Not bad for 5w out of a K2 and my (in)famous
WimpyWire antenna system.  Conditions didn't seem impressive, but the
DX stations were out there, and the propagation was good enough to let us
do our thing.  At least now I have a benchmark to measure next year's
contest against.  Also, TR Log says I only had one dupe, so I'm happy.

I was really surprised to grap the contact when I would get into occasional
pileups.  I mostly avoided them, though.  I have this mental image of a bunch of
big dogs snarling over a bone, while this little anklebiter sneaks in and runs
off with it :-)

I was also surprised and impressed by the number of DX stations that came
back on my very first call, even when there were many others calling.  Really
didn't expect that with my WimpyWire doing the honors here.  Must be some serous
aluminum over those stations.

Now I'm ready to catch up on my sleep.  See you all in the next contest.
73, Bob N6WG