[3830] ARRLDX CW VA7ST SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW VA7ST SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 16:25:13 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SOAB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 18

  160:    5     4
   80:   22    19
   40:   33    24
   20:  120    52
   15:  105    25
   10:   22     8
-------------------
Total:  307   132  Total Score = 121,572

Club:

Comments:

Wasn't sure what to expect from propagation or the antennas. Was happy with
both. My 132 mults is up from 122  (88,000 pts) last year, and represents 67
entities. Best finds: A45WD and 4U1ITU, both on 20m.

Enjoyed having a 160m antenna, and the 80m delta loop felt strong into the
Caribbean Friday night.

My 20/15/10 wire yagi broke while Armstrong-rotating late Saturday afternoon so
finished up with the 60'-high 204' G5RVs. Worked hard to pull the 20m and 15m
totals above 100 Qs on Sunday.

Missed a sked with J7OJ on 160 early Sunday morning. Would have been a 5th band.
Sure appreciated the invitation, though.

Made 5 bands with VP5M, ZF2NT, TI5N, and KH7X. Alas, no 6-band contacts.

This is the last contest operation from the deep woods farm. Operated the last
four or five major contests from there. We move to new QTH end of March, and I
am looking forward to rigging new antennas to take advantage of the much better
signal horizons, particularly to EU, NA and SA. Should have something in place
by EA RTTY and JIDX CW in April. Looking forward to a new chapter in this
contester's diary.

Thanks to everyone for the contacts and see you in the next one!

73, Bud VA7ST