[3830] ARRLDX CW K8AJS SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jbastin@sssnet.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K8AJS SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 18:09:42 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K8AJS
Operator(s): K8AJS
Station: K8AJS

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 36

  160:    0     0
   80:   56    44
   40:  209    81
   20:  473   102
   15:  422    92
   10:  163    55
-------------------
Total: 1323   374  Total Score = 1,484,406

Club:

Comments:

Single-op "assisted" is a bit of a joke; packet spots during a contest are a lot
like e-mail, you have to separate the good from the junk. As the contest went
on, the junk percentage was growing a LOT. Doesn't anybody LOOK at these posts
before they hit the Enter key? At least, you should determine that someone
actually HAS a frequency, and isn't just calling someone else, before you spot
him.

I looked at the numbers before the contest started and thought this might be a
long weekend, but I was pleasantly surprised. Conditions were very good, and I
did a whole lot better than I expected. This contest probably qualifies as a
"best ever" effort from this station, at least for single op.

Three hours before the end of the contest, calling CQ, I worked three dupes in
twenty minutes. Apparently many ops don't bother to check their logs to see if
they're wasting their time before calling someone. I at least try not to CALL a
dupe, if they call me, I figure, maybe I'm not in their log, I just work 'em.

All in all, it was a great time. Even my 80-meter antenna, the G5RV, made a fair
accounting of itself this time. Low band conditions were very good, and I picked
up a decent number of multipliers on 80 and 40. One of these days I'm going to
get something in the air for 160, although that may have to wait until I move to
a bigger property (hope, hope!).

Rig: FT1000MP and ALS600 amp
Antennas: 3 el quad for 20-15-10 and G5RV for 40 and 80
Software: WriteLog