[3830] ARRLDX CW W6MVW SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w6mvw@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W6MVW SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 19:48:36 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W6MVW
Operator(s): W6MVW
Station: W6MVW

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0     0
   80:   35    23
   40:  127    57
   20:   86    45
   15:  114    54
   10:   76    32
-------------------
Total:  438   211  Total Score = 277,254

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

I used the same old TS850, AL80 700 watts, R5 vertical up 20 ft. for 10m, 15m &
20m.  Inverted vee center up 24 ft. over house roof with ends at 16 ft. for 40m.
 85 ft. end-fed wire up 16 ft. with 66 ft. counterpoise for 80m.  With low
antennas, all below local power lines, and all the neighborhood noise it was
tough.  However, I thoroughly enjoyed myself.  Heard very little from EU this
time.  Asia, Pacific and Americas pulled the load.  Noise on 80m s7-s8 at all
times.

Sunday am 40m was great lomg path even with high angle antennas.  A really great
bunch of fine & considerate ops.  I haven't had this much fun in years.  I was
amazed at how well 10m played.  Thanks to all for the q's.

Dick - W6MVW