[3830] ARRLDX CW N1UR SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sawyered@earthlink.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N1UR SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 05:50:04 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N1UR
Operator(s): N1UR
Station: N1UR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 43
Radios: SO2R

  160:   28    22
   80:  136    58
   40:  382    73
   20:  472    81
   15:  705    85
   10:  146    60
-------------------
Total: 1869   379  Total Score = 2,120,505

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

What a pleasant surprise on the conditions.  10M wasn?t too good but my
expectations for EU were low, so, to have any opening at all was welcome.  I
chose to sacrifice a really good rate 90+ on 15M to go S & P 10M fast at 14Z in
the fear that it wouldn?t be as good Sun.  Really glad that I did.  Saturday was
WAY better than Sun on 10M prop.  I have found that I cannot S & P fast on radio
2 if the CQ rate is over 60 or so.  If it is between 60 and 100, I can S & P
slower.  Above 100, I usually concentrate on speed and first call accuracy,
although I frequently monitor a second band like 10 or 15 for EU/JA activity to
see when it opens.

Some of the best runs ever on 15M from here, I had 4 90+ hours with many times
seeing the rate meter stay at 120 ? 140 for 10 or 15 mins and staying over 110
for a LONG time.
20M was pretty good but not great.  Very good into EU but Asian Russia and JA
weren?t too plentiful.  40M was excellent from here.  About 50/50 running and S
& P Qs.

80 and 160 were all S & P.  Tried running on a 80 a couple of times when signals
were strongest from EU and just couldn?t get many calls.  Oh well.

Best mults to call me?  8Q7 (2 bands), S9, A45, MU0, OH0, 4X, ZS.

SO2R: FT1000MP and FT990
TR Log, TopTen SO2R, Dunstar Filters.

10M: 3 el on Ladder at 25 ft, 2 el South 30 ft
15M: 3 el on Ladder at 30 ft, 2 el South 30 ft.
20M: 4el Wire Beam NE vert polarized. Inv vee at 40 ft.
40M: 2 phased dipoles at 50 ft NE/SW
80/160M: inverted L fed with open wire line.  60 ft vert rise and 330 ft total
length.  4 elevated radials on each band.
20/40M: half wave vert.

See you in 2 weeks.  Also, I will be NV1N in WPX this year.

73, Ed  N1UR