[3830] ARRLDX CW N2IC SOSB/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N2IC SOSB/15 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 06:10:59 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N2IC
Operator(s): N2IC
Station: N2IC

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: New Mexico
Operating Time (hrs): 26

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 1292   111
   10:
-------------------
Total: 1292   111  Total Score = 430,236

Club:

Comments:

QTH: SW New Mexico
Rig: TS-950SDX/Alpha 76PA
Antenna: 5 elements @ 32' on the edge of a cliff.

First full-time effort at the new QTH !  The house isn't done yet, and no
permanent antennas are up, but AC power was available, and the heat was working,
so why not ?

Very good condx, considering the lack of sunspots.  15 was very late opening to
EU on Saturday morning (2 hours after sunrise), but it stayed open past 19Z, so
that helped.  Excellent JA opening Saturday - at times, JA3YBK peaked S9+40 on a
stingy S-meter. Still open to JA when I quit Saturday night at 0400Z.  EU opened
right at sunrise on Sunday morning .... as it should !

It was a good exercise using the sub RX on the 950.  It sure isn't the same as
having a 2nd radio that is usable while the main radio is transmitting, but it's
better than nothing.  I would call it SO1.25R.