[3830] ARRLDX CW KT1V SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kt1v@demop.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW KT1V SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 08:09:22 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KT1V
Operator(s): KT1V
Station: KT1V

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 46
Radios: SO2R

  160:   65    42
   80:  393    75
   40: 1204    82
   20:  838    91
   15: 1039    84
   10:  303    63
-------------------
Total: 3842   437  Total Score = 5,032,939

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Quick numbers and comments. More later probably. As I type this I am definately
hallucinating. The radios are a sort of earthy red/green moss which is melting,
and the walls seem to be breathing a bit too :)  Least sleep ever in a contest,
although only by maybe 30 minutes.

Lots of fun, but some parts seemed like work unlike CQWW this time. My pileup
management skills were great - at least sometimes. Saturday morning, AFTER the
wife and kids got out of my shack (they were playing and pestering me. XYL kept
insisting I had to read printed emails and comment on them, as well as make
concrete plans for the upcoming week), I was getting multiple callsigns out of
my pileup and choosing which one to answer first. Sunday morning I quite frankly
sucked - never mind full calls, I couldn't get partials. It all sounded like
"mush". The last 2 hours I couldn't even really  run at all.

160/80 were great. I could have lived there all weekend. 40 was in fine shape,
as was 15, but there was not much time for 20. When 20 was open well, 15 or 40
were usually better, i.e. had better rate. 10 opened damn early to 9A on day
one, then well to Eu and the middle east a bit later. I ignored 10 pretty much
on day 2  as a strategic move, except for 2nd radio multiplier passes

I have burning question, but am not sure what it is. Maybe just a sensation due
due to lack of sleep and subsequent neural firing patterns/brain chemistry??

time to sleep, or maybe get a glass of Port!
73
Ted KT1V
PS: Its morning now - I couldn't seem to type in the numbers right last night!