[3830] ARRLDX CW N9TTX SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n9ttx@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N9TTX SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 08:19:40 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N9TTX
Operator(s): N9TTX
Station: N9TTX

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Wisconsin
Operating Time (hrs): 40

  160:    0     0
   80:   12    11
   40:   45    34
   20:   67    45
   15:   57    39
   10:   50    26
-------------------
Total:  231   155  Total Score = 107,415

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

It was a fun contest...not without problems of course.  I figured I could have
posted a better score of I had been able to put up the A-3 for gain, as some
stations could have been better copy on my or their end.  The only other problem
I ran across was because of the temporary configuration, I was getting into the
computer heavily on 40 and 80 meters.  Every time I keyed on these two bands,
the screen went wild, file windows kept popping up and down, blackscreening, and
it tried to shut itself down a couple times...hence I could have gotten more Q's
here also.  20 just had horrendous monitor noise and the screen only fuzzed a
bit when keyed down.  If I could copy code in my head better, I would not have
to rely on CW Get for decoding, but toward the end I was recognizing phrases
better.

Equipment:  Yaesu FT-101ZD, MFJ 949E tuner, G5RV Antenna (temp mounted on the
portable tower fed at 30 feet as a sloper), MFJ Grandmaster 482B keyer, and
Bencher paddle.  No 2nd or third rig this time either...just the 101ZD.

Nice to work the familiar stations again, and very nice to work some new
countries.  The high point for me was working U41ITU.  Sort of like working W1AW
for the first time.  Thanks to those that were patient with me with the fill
work.  I will have pics up sometime soon.  The website is
http://www.qsl.net/n9ttx.  Every contest seems to change shack design here.

         David Aho...N9TTX