[3830] ARRLDX CW PJ4R M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ku8e@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW PJ4R M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 06:33:58 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: PJ4R
Operator(s): KU8E,W9RE,N5OT
Station: PJ4R

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Bonaire
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total: 7849   345  Total Score = 8,120,610

Club:

Comments:

Looks like it was a hotly contested shootout in the M/2 category. Congrats to
both the PJ2T and J7OJ teams. Believe it or not this was both W9RE and N5OT's
first time operating from the Carribean. I think they are hooked now! Thanks to
Noah, K2NG, for allowing us to operate at his station and his tips on fighting
the serious line noise problem that exists at the QTH. I'm sure we were an
alligator on 160 and 80 meters despite our best efforts to hear on those
bands.

The highlight of the trip was our visit to the the PJ2T station on Curacao
before we left on Tuesday afternoon. Thanks to Geoff, W0CG, for coming to the
airport and hauling us and our luggage to the PJ2T station and then taking us on
a quick tour of the island and getting us back to the airport in time to catch
our flight home.

                        73, Jeff  KU8E

P.S. QSL PJ4R via N4GG