[RTTY] NAQP RTTY KS5V Single Op LP

To: CTDXCC Reflector <ctdxcc@kkn.net>,"RTTY Reflector" <RTTY@contesting.com>, 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] NAQP RTTY KS5V Single Op LP
From: Ed Larose <ks5v@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 11:59:09 -0600
North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: KS5V
Operator(s): KS5V
Station: KS5V

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Central Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:
   80:   64    27
   40:  126    42
   20:  100    35
   15:   26     19
   10:
-------------------
Total:  316   123  Total Score = 38,868

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: Austin Powers #1

Comments:
A few days before the contest, I installed a new sound card in the computer in addition to the one on the mother board. I had in mind SO2R operation in the future. Well, I didn't check out the system before the contest and quickly found out that I was getting no receive audio from the radio. Gee, it seemed so simple. Then after probably 15 minutes of tracing the wires and making sure they were all plugged in and being totally perplexed, I remembered that I had installed the new sound card. Plugged the right wire to the mic input of the sound card and voila, I was up and running and feeling pretty stupid. I know no one else would ever do anything like that!

Mediocre score for a mediocre station but no complaints. I've got to improve my situation on 80 meters, a lot of far north stations that I printed fine could not hear me. The 80m antenna is an 80m loop 8ft above ground. The upper band antenna is a 2 el. 5 band delta loop 30ft above ground. Of course I always do these contest to just have a good time. Wish I could have been there for the full 10 hours and the first 3 hours instead of shutting down at 0600Z. Oh well, there's next year. See y'all then.