[3830] CQ160 SSB N7GP(@W7MCO) Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n5ia@zia-connection.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB N7GP(@W7MCO) Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 15:21:04 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: N7GP
Operator(s): W7MCO, K7JEM, NA5S, N5IA
Station: W7MCO

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 28

Total:  QSOs = 892  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 21  Total Score = 151,500

Club: Cactus Radio Club

Comments:

The first night was excellent as far as total Q's and mults go.  No EU, Oceania
or Asia heard.  Barely could hear KL7J.  No one on from KH6.  CN2R was the best
DX.

Less than one third the Q's the 2nd night compared to night one.  Just not
enough stations on.  QRN was rough the last 6 hours. The grey line effect worked
well as two CT's called and we found EI7M as the sun was coming up there for our
only EU contacts.

Three hours of less than 10 Q's per and LOTS of dupe callers (45) showed the
lack of stations on the air.  In the end we missed DC, KH6, MB and PQ along with
the other more elusive Canadian Provinces.

Still, the performance of the N7GP team is improving and this is a new high
score for us.  Just wait until the cycle gets to lower sunspot counts.  73, and
thanks for all the contacts and patience through the static.

Milt, N5IA