[3830] CQ160 SSB NJ7I(@K8IA) Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bobk8ia@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB NJ7I(@K8IA) Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 20:30:36 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: NJ7I
Operator(s): NJ7I, K8IA
Station: K8IA

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 20

Total:  QSOs = 504  State/Prov = 51  Countries = 16  Total Score = 76,179

Club: Central Arizona DX assn

Comments:

IC-765, Alpha 91B, Half Sloper, Inv vee at 70'

Just a "for fun" operation for us. No permanent 160m antennas here or dedicated
Rx antennas,just some stuff concocted the day before the contest. Essentially
missed the first 6 hrs while we operated at 100w and sorted out xmit problems
with amp into sloper. Never did get that sorted out and had to use inv vee as
primary xmit antenna for the rest of the way. Next year we'll have something
more permanent, tested, and better planned!

Found cndx generally lousy with high QRN. No JA, no Pacific, D4B about 15 db
less signal than in CW 160 Test last month. Bahh humbug! Single op CW score here
laast month, with 100w, was nearly identical to score with kw+ this weekend.
That says something right there.

CU in ARRL SSB next weekend, from both our locations

73, Bob K8IA
Jon NJ7I
Arizona USA