[3830] ARRLDX CW HA8A(HA8DZ) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW HA8A(HA8DZ) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 14:04:57 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: HA8A
Operator(s): HA8DZ
Station: HA8DZ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Szeged
Operating Time (hrs): 31

  160:   29    16
   80:  155    35
   40:  662    50
   20:  370    51
   15:  313    46
   10:  255    35
-------------------
Total: 1784   233  Total Score = 1,247,016

Club:

Comments:

Good condx, big signals on 80m, no westcoast on 10m... Started on 40m with good
rates in the first two hours, which have dropped rapidly in the 3rd, I had
better QSY'ed to 80m. I managed to work 14 mults on 160m within a hour - without
a receiving antenna... Thanks to big guns on the other side! Surprisingly good
80m with low noise level and loud sigs. My 80m "receiving antenna" did a good
job (a 40m yagi coupled to the 80m inverted Vee dipole). 20m was open the whole
afternoon on both days, until abt. 2030Z. 15 and 10m brought big pileups, I
enjoyed them very much. I observed two peaks in 15m condx on Sunday afternoon. A
lot of new stns on 40m, but without a mult, in the last 3 hours. Thanks to all,
see you in the SSB leg!

73's Dezso, HA8DZ

Station: Icom IC-765 + Alpha-77 D
160m: inverted L, 3/8 lambda