[3830] CQ160 SSB N8II Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB N8II Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 11:33:01 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 8

Total:  QSOs = 701  State/Prov = 47  Countries = 20  Total Score = 110,081

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I was still in the recovery mode from FS5UQ trip, returned 12:40 AM Wed. The
 test started off with a bang, about 163 Q's the first hour with about 5-7 min
 of that in the S&P DX mode. 2nd hour was over 100 and blessed with quite a
few
 DX stations calling in from the Caribbean with a few loud Eu, condx were
good!
 I only worked a little over 3 hours before quitting for the night. The 2nd
 night was not as good with a dirth of Rocky Mtn area callers and only one
 from Eu as I recall. Biggest pile-ups were on W0ZTL in ND and KB7UP in SD,
not
 any DX, Hi! I worked OZ, DL, CN, and S5 for the first time on 160 SSB, CN was
 brand new. Adjacent channel QRM was not much of a problem, except during the
 first hour. It was difficult to find a new CQ frequency after S&P, better to
 keep running.