[3830] RTTY WPX P40G(I2UIY) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, i2uiy@cqww.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX P40G(I2UIY) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 13:33:49 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: P40G
Operator(s): I2UIY
Station: P43P

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Aruba
Operating Time (hrs): 29.5
Radios: SO2R

   80:  208  1044
   40:  548  2678
   20:  528  1424
   15:  885  2220
   10:  505  1271
-----------------
Total: 2674  8637  Prefixes = 639  Total Score = 5,519,043

Club: Pizza & Pasta Contest Club

Comments:

In early November, 2003, I got an E-mail from my old friend Jacobo, P43P. Few
easy words: "Looks like WPX RTTY next year will be during an important carnival
weekend. Feel like flying down maybe?"

This introduces you to the Aruba Carnival. Carnival is everything for this great
people and they just feel it like the most important event of the year.
Preparations for the next Carnival start just the day after the end of the
current one! You have not lived until you have experienced the spirit of
Carnival as it is celebrated in Aruba! Carnival means weeks of events that bring
you colorfully decorated floats, contagiously throbbing music, luxuriously
costumed groups of celebrants of all ages, King & Queen elections, electrifying
jump ups and torch light parades that wind their way through the streets at
night, the Jouvert morning: the Children's Parades and finally the Grand Parade.
This has got to be the greatest party ever! Where else can you find Antillean
"tumba" music, the Calypso and steel bands of the English Caribbean, the salsa
beat of Latin countries plus marching bands and a smattering of Dutch oom-pa-pa?
The 2 month long celebration culminates with the all-day Grand Parade on Sunday,
with everyone and everything all decked out.

So I flew back to Aruba and I simply had a ball! Thanks to the warm hospitality
of Jacobo and his great family and to his superb radio station, I set a new
World Record in spite of I had never operated as SO2R before.

Other activities included meeting the only other 2 guys on the island that did
not cared at all about the Carnival: Andy, P40Y and John, P40W.

It was a lot of fun... now it's very hard going back to the usual contest
routine from home!

73 de Paolo, I2UIY / P40G