[3830] ARRLDX SSB KY4AA(@N4GN) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4gn@n4gn.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB KY4AA(@N4GN) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 18:31:32 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KY4AA
Operator(s): AI4EB, N4GN, N4XM, NM4K
Station: N4GN

Class: M/S HP
QTH: KY
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:   12    11
   80:   19    18
   40:   30    26
   20:   24    21
   15:  118    58
   10:   55    25
-------------------
Total:  258   159  Total Score = 122,112

Club: Kentucky Contest Group

Comments:

This was a very low-key event, with a total of perhaps 7 hours operating time.
We certainly spent more time swapping stories and eating pizza than we did on
the radio!  The highlight was actually taking a "break" from the contest for new
ham Liz, AI4EB, to make her first QSOs with longtime friend K5VT on 17
meters--SSB and CW!  Liz also made quite a few contest QSOs.

Two months ago, Liz decided she wanted to be a ham.  Now she has her Extra Class
license, and looks to be a fine contester and DXer in the making.  She should
have her N1VZ vanity call any day now.  Liz travels extensively to some fairly
rare DX locations, so look for her on the DXpedition circuit too!