[3830] ARRLDX SSB EA5DFV SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jose.m.femenia@uv.es
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB EA5DFV SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 03:12:17 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: EA5DFV
Operator(s): EA5DFV
Station: EA5DFV

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: JM08as
Operating Time (hrs): 30
Radios: SO2R

  160:    0     0
   80:  113    31
   40:  334    50
   20:  880    62
   15:  711    56
   10:    3     2
-------------------
Total: 2041   201  Total Score = 1,230,723

Club:

Comments:

I enjoy a lot this contest. I needed to go the shack and run radio till near to
three weeks without it: I broken my left leg and I can't go upstairs to the
radio room till this week.

I was not very comfortable with my leg, and need to rest time to time, because
need the other leg for the pedal. I don't like the vox. If you are corious, you
can see the picture at
http://www.uv.es/~femenia/ea5dfv/FOTOS_SHACK/arrl2004-1.jpg

The conditions sound great. I can do better on the lower bands, but I was tired
in the night. On 20m, for first time, I can get all the multis. On 15m, it was
more easy to hear stations on the west coast that the east. The saturday I have
a problem with high SWR on the 15m monoband. I need to go outside to see than
the wind put one 160m dipole arm in contact with the 15m yagui driven element.
Thanks to my wife for to fix it: this was her first antenna work setting free
the dipole arm.

Many thanks to the people that move for the multiplier on other band on
request,
and to all the people that call me.

73 de Jose

Some statistics about multipliers: