[3830] ARRLDX SSB K3CR(LZ4AX) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K3CR(LZ4AX) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 09:43:53 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K3CR
Operator(s): LZ4AX
Station: K3CR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: WPA
Operating Time (hrs): 43
Radios: SO2R

  160:   33    27
   80:  217    72
   40:  409    77
   20:  684    94
   15: 1036    94
   10:   90    33
-------------------
Total: 2469   397  Total Score = 2,939,388

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Had a great time on Saturday - good signals, good rates, lot of friends met, no
frequency fights, no nets, no "dumb ass" calling. Almost made an 220 hour but
the QSO rate police turned the splatter function on and everything went back to
the normal 180.
Really enjoyed operating split on 40 away from the big zoo. Even got myself a
personal fan, who kept informing me every 5 minutes or so exactly with how many
dB's my phased blasters are outperforming K4JA's stack. I don't know if I was
really that loud but I was feeling loud and that is what counts, right ?

Then on the second day all of a sudden felt so tired that almost did quit.
The station was playing so well however, so it was just pity to shut it down.
Somehow managed to stay around the chair until the end. Took so many breaks that
almost run out of smokes, almost didn't touch the second radio on Sunday, missed
a bunch of easy mults, missed 2500/400/3M goal, so this one definitely needs to
be re-done next year.

Anyway, managed to survive it and there are two more phone contests comming up
this month. Who knows, maybe I'll start liking sideband after all.

Congratulations to all winners and loosers !

My sincere thanks to WA3FET who let me use his station to fool around the bands.