[3830] ARRLDX SSB OK1RI SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB OK1RI SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 11:40:28 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: OK1RI
Operator(s): OK1RI
Station: OK1RI

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Brezina
Operating Time (hrs): 41

  160:   97    27
   80:  372    50
   40:  751    58
   20: 1300    61
   15: 1449    59
   10:   17    12
-------------------
Total: 3986   267  Total Score = 3,192,786

Club:

Comments:

Equipment Description:
IC775 + PPAs
160m - 47m vertical + 150 radials
80m - 3 el deltaloop apex @ 42m
40m - 2 x 4Y (full size) @ 52/26m
20m - 2 x 6Y @ 26/13m + 5Y @ 52m (other tower)
15m - 3 x 6Y @ 32/23/14m
10m - 4 x 6Y @ 31/25/19/13m (OK not important this time)
+ 3 phased 345m bevereges

Single radio only.

Major upgrade to 160 + 80 this year which paid off. OK1RF told me (after CW
ARRL) that the new 80m 3el delta loop - apex around 42m, works well and that it
is something absolutely new to our QTH and that 80m is something "ELSE". Well it
was true !!
Low bands propagation was fine, I can compare 40m where I was "singlebanding"
last year and it was now definitively much better.

I had no special goals since it was hard to predict what is possible, I am happy
with the outcome. I was a tiny piece from 4000 Qs but.... Of course after a
contest I know what I had to do differently and as always more could have been
achieved.I have a feeling that the "JAM" is year by year getting worse but why ?
Probably only a feeling.

This time nothing was broken !!

Thanks for calling !!

73